- 115g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing 115g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 apples, cored and grated 2 apples, cored and grated
- 75g fresh cranberries 75g fresh cranberries
- 411g jar mincemeat 411g jar mincemeat
- 225g plain flour 225g plain flour
- 1tbsp Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar 1tbsp Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar
- 2 egg yolks 2 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 satsuma Juice of 1 satsuma
- Semi skimmed milk, for brushing Semi skimmed milk, for brushing
- Icing sugar, for dusting Icing sugar, for dusting
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5.
- Grease a 12 hole tart tin.
- Make the filling by mixing together the apple, cranberries and mincemeat.
FOR THE PASTRY
- Cut the butter into small pieces and, in a large bowl, rub it into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and satsuma juice and mix together.
- Roll the pastry into a ball and divide into quarters.
- Roll out one piece, cut out 8 circles, just big enough to line the tins. Repeat with another quarter to make 16 circles.
- Roll out the next two quarters one at a time, and cut 8 stars out of each, about the same size as the tart tin holes.
- Cooking in 2 batches, add the pastry circles to the tin, spoon in some filling and top with the stars.
- Brush with milk and bake for 15 mins until the pastry is cooked and golden. Leave to cool slightly, then dust with icing sugar.