1. Pre-heat oven to 190c then line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the self-raising flour, baking powder and Tate & Lyle Pure Cane caster sugar in a bowl.
3. Add the butter to the flour. Then as though making pastry, lightly and briskly rub the fat into the flour using your fingertips.
4. Add grated apple and cinnamon mixing thoroughly into the flour so that they're well incorporated and the flour is preventing any sticky fruit chunks from sticking together.
5. Beat the egg together with the milk. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour the liquid in.
6. Using a rounded knife, cut the dry ingredients into the wet and gently but firmly bring the dough together.
7. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll into balls then place them on the prepared baking tray, spaced well apart and press down.
8. Bake the Rock Cakes for around 15-18 minutes, until they're just going golden and are cooked through.
9. Remove them from the baking tray immediately to a wire rack and sprinkle with the sugar & cinnamon mix.
10. Serve still warm from the oven with a cuppa!