Affogato Al Caffe
- 8 small balls of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 4 small cups of very hot, freshly made espresso coffee
- Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar (to taste)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Make sure that the ice cream is very hard for this, so that it does not melt as soon as the hot coffee is added.
- Divide the ice cream between 4 small coffee cups or heatproof glasses, then pour over the espresso, sprinkle on some Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar, to taste and serve straightaway.
Coffee with a twist!
For a vegan-friendly twist, try changing up your ice cream to soya- or coconut-based!